Digital marketing do’s & don’ts
By Priya Tandon
At one time, artificial intelligence, data-driven marketing, and voice search engine optimization (VSEO) were ambitious concepts bordering on the ridiculous. Today, these innovative digital marketing trends are among the top priorities for most business owners in 2020.
if your business has any intention of remaining competitive in today’s online landscape, you must adapt to the rapidly evolving changes in digital marketing.
There are always two side of everything one is good and second is bad and whenever we start something, we must know these both aspects. Digital marketing companies have been implementing the dos and don’ts of digital marketing so well, we have been spending a lot of time on social media.
In the dos and don’ts of digital marketing, you should first create a path for yourself. Don’t follow the footsteps of others. Always make a proper plan before starting real activities.
Do’s in digital marketing
- Always create a strong company blog that delivers real value for your customers or your reader if you are writing a brief introduction of your service and product. Try to make your audience aware about the product or service with the help of blog.
- Do know your audience, first and the most important thing in every business is first know your target audience, get insight of their likes and dislikes, their behaviour, their demographic and their taste. Always remember your audience is the one whom you get business from.
- Make sure your website offers a very good user experience for mobile users because most people browse the website through their mobiles.
- Focus on customer experience, the first and the most important thing in digital marketing is to find your target audience and understand their pain point and how you can help them.
- Try to make videos about your product or your services that. Add more video to your marketing mix.
- Use the digital method of advertising to deliver organic search to your target audience
- Do optimize local and voice search, online search is no longer limited to entering text into search engine. people are increasingly using voice search to ask a virtual assistant.
- Do conversion rate optimization, it’s a very good thing for digital marketing. In digital marketing, conversion rate optimization (CRO) is a system for increasing the percentage of visitors to a website who converts into customers, or more generally, take any desired action on a web page.
- Do invest in a business blog, a blog dedicated to communicating your business and deals to the world is indispensable in digital marketing. Its not just about writing a content or blog about your business but also context which increases the relevance of your content. Relevancy of your content is shall get your business website higher ranking on goggle and help you engage with your audience.
- Always try to invest in paid traffic because it’s increasing the number of people visiting your website. organic traffic is should always in view.
- Do engage with different channels, social media has edge over other forms of marketing as it has an advantage of interacting with your target audience. Do your business advertisement over social media handles like Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest etc.
Don’t in digital marketing
- Don’t scrap quality for volume, don’t put quality over quantity. Neither Google nor your customers put much weight on how many blogs post you have on your site. They do care about the quality of what you put on that. Always write a valuable content.
- Don’t forget about the customer experience always try to identify what your target audience wants. As much as possible you have to think from the customer perspective.
- Don’t ignore emails, email marketing sometimes described as an old term but that is just another term of tried and tested.it still drives the best bang for your marketing bucks. Emails were found to deliver the best return on investment.
- Don’t ignore the importance of live video, recorded video is still a powerful way of delivering the information about the product or services but the demand for the live video is growing stronger. According to Facebook, users spend three times more watching live video than pre-recorded and comment 10 times more.
- Don’t ignore the social media platform for B2B marketing, nowadays social media platforms are the most powerful platforms for spreading news and gaining more audience. Social media marketing is one of the most useful parts of digital marketing. Most brands using social media marketing to support their digital marking campaign and drive more traffic to their website. Social media marketing involves promoting your content and engaging with your target consumer on social media channels like Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Pinterest. Social media marketing is used in digital marketing to help businesses increase brand awareness, generate more leads, and improve customer engagements.
- Don’t forget to make a plan and strategy before you proceed to actual activities, without a proper and plan and knowing your audience you are taking your business in the dark.
- Don’t depend too much on the social media platform, you heard about social media advantages and in the excitement, many companies either use all the social media platforms or bombard the audiences with the relevant or irrelevant information and posts. You have to recognize where is your audience and produce the relevant content, will save your time, money, and efforts.
- Don’t forget the SEO updates, don’t ignore the goggle and its update otherwise goggle start ignoring you. Studies are showing BERT is able to increase search accuracy by 2 percent — a significant increase in computing power, especially when you take into consideration the millions of people searching every day.
Digital marketing is very advance and very large filed you have to be updated every now and then. Always update your business according to recent trends, technology and be smart be informative, target your audience well always try to increase the numbers of your targeted audience.be a digital influencer in your filed.
So, before making an imagination world about digital marketing you must know the do’s and don’ts of the digital marketing and that will surely help you in the progress and achieving the highest level in the business world.