HOW TO MAKE YOUR E-COMMERCE SITE MORE ATTRACTIVE
E-commerce also known as electronic commerce or internet commerce, refers to the buying and selling of the goods or services using the internet and one can also transfer the money and data to execute these transactions. In an increasingly competitive digital buying world, where every business owner trying to make their product different from their competitors and trying to achieve the highest level in the term of profit, it becomes very important to make your business e-commerce site more informative and attractive for your customers.
Let’s think there is another e-commerce site that isn’t much different from yours. They seem to have the same product or service, and there is nothing you can do to stop them from selling the product or service so, in that case, you can’t sit with empty hands and start believing in your luck. You have to make your e-commerce site more informative and attractive so that customers starting taking interest in your product or service and the area of your target audience gets increases. The number of visitors who purchased something from your e-commerce site or your online store is known as the e-commerce conversion rate.
So, here are the ways of making your e-commerce site more attractive and conversion
- Clear CATs adding clear CATs to your e-commerce site are very important to increase the conversion rate. Ecommerce website CATs are often “buy now” or “add to basket” buttons that stand out on a web page to grab the attention of visitors and encourage them to click. Make sure your CATs are perfectly aligned and visible on your website and it must be according to your site requirement like for buying and selling site it like “buy now” and for blogs and other written content it’s like “read more”.
- Effective product description, it’s very important for any kind of product e-commerce site to add an attractive and informative description for the product they are selling through an e-commerce website. Focus on your ideal buyer and target them with words and descriptions of your product that relate to them, their goals, and their challenges. This will give customers the feeling that you understand who they are and what they need from you- which ultimately makes them feel more confident and comfortable in choosing to do business with you. Avoid writing a long description and try to write it in two to three lines. If you do have a large amount of information that you need to convey to your customer, you might consider hiding it behind a “read more” button.
- Simple navigation, it’s very useful and helpful for the customers to easily find what they are looking for. Creating an easy to follow and cohesive journey from homepage to checkout is one of the most important factors. If the visitors are unable to locate the items they are looking for without any hassles, they are going to straightway head towards your competitor’s site. By using the navigation bar at the top of the screen, visitors can easily venture to the intermediary product category page they are looking for.
- Discount option, availability of endless sale, and too many options for discounts almost trained for people to shop cheaply and shop again and again. There will always be people seeking discounts and this behavior is here to stay, so always try to add sales and discount options on your e-commerce website. This might turn out to be a worthwhile experiment for your brand. Displaying the discount option on your e-commerce site will always attract customers to buy what they are looking for and they start referring your e-commerce website to their friends and family members which will be the result of an increase in the number of your customers.
- A different option for payment, there are more than 100 ways to pay online that aren’t reliant on a card, including direct debit, bank transfer, digital wallets, e-invoices, digital currencies, and many more. Although it’s impossible to provide all the methods of payment on your website you must understand your target market and can offer payment methods best suited for them.
- Product or company review, it’s very important to add an option in which customer can write their feedback or reviews about a particular product or company. Nowadays the customer wants to hear from other customers about the product or company. The review is one of the most powerful tools to convert any interest in your product to sale. Add customer reviews directly next to below your products to demonstrate your trustworthiness. Customer recommendations drive purchasing decisions as customers tend to believe from customers they relate to. Like Amazon, Flipkart manages its customer review very well.
- Clear image, the image of your product that you upload on your e-commerce site must be clear and visible. Excellent imagery of the product or service you are selling is pivotal when trying to boost conversions online — as the old saying goes, “a picture is worth 1000 words.” Make sure your product image must be having high quality and covering all angles, details. It has features of zooming in and out. It overall helps your e-commerce site to increase the number of visitors.
- Access your website for mobile users, more than 60% — 70% of traffic worldwide is generated by mobile phones. With this mindset, your e-commerce site must be mobile-friendly. Having a simple checkout process is even more important on mobile than it is on desktop.
So, above all are the ways to improve and make your e-commerce website more attractive, conversions, and different from your competitors. Don’t forget to take your customer’s feedback seriously and try to improve your website with the help of review and feedback given by customers related to your product or company services. You can learn from your own mistake as well as from your competitor’s mistakes.
Always remember that every e-commerce business is different in terms of their customers. The ways mentioned above should help your business increase e-commerce conversion rates.